Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Something New I am Playing With

I have found a program called CamStudio which is an open source facility that allows capture of audio along with screen capture. I am still working out how to use it but I am currently playing with the idea of posting a series of "videos" that show me solve a problem in real time and record my comments about logic and value. My first attempt is really choppy but I think I can see some promise as I hopefully get better at it.

There is a series of popular videos called "You Suck at Photoshop" that are really quite funny so for lack of a better name I have called this series "USuk@Chemistry" (LINK). That is also a bit of a shout out to a blog that used to exist about ABU Science called "Chem Sucks". I think that in this case my attempt to be funny might send the wrong message so I will probably give them some name like ChemPosts or ChemChats or DrMelHoldsYourHandWhileYouMeltDownatHomeStudyingForTomorrowsTest, you know something like that. Anyway, for those of you that are missing your Dr. Mel fix, here you go.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that the student who once had that blog wouldn't mind.

Me said...

ha, I like the last title best! :)