Wednesday, October 11, 2006

CHEM 2113 Class Assignment #2

As before the class will work together to answer a question and the entire class will get the same mark as long as each student participates.

Answer end of chapter questions 4.57 and 4.58. Final answers will be assessed at midnight October 22.


You will need to be able to insert ISISDraw structures into your answers. The simplist route that I have found is to draw the structure and paste it into a regular drawing program such as Paint and then save as a bitmap. You can then treat the image as a regular picture. That is how I created this image. By the way, for a bonus find the number of bonding errors in the image. For superbonus marks draw the same image without any bonding errors and determine its formula. For ultrabonus marks [maximum mark on assignment (20/10)] find a better way to insert ISISDraw structures into these comments.

2 comments:

Professor Honeydew said...

It would appear that I am wrong about how to imbed images into Blogger comments.
I had assumed that since the comments section allowed profile images (the little picture of Dr. H) that the other images would go in the same way as in the original post.

Sorry. I am working on a solution which may involve the class submitting word documents to me by email which I will paste to the course webpage that you can comment on in the course blog.

Seems too complicated to me. There has got to be a better way. Any ideas?

Professor Honeydew said...

OK, so this is not an ideal solution since you can't see the image in the comment ... but you can upload the image to your blogger account and just give the URL to the image in your comment like I have below and then you can see the image when you click on the URL. It's a process and I am still working an a better solution but I think this will work for now.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6284/3596/320/ABUlogo.jpg