Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Christian Chemistry

People have either offered me the opinion or suggested that Chemistry is a pursuit of truth that is independent of any system of morals or ethics. They then challenge me to show them what "Christian Chemistry" would look like and how it would be different from "Secular Chemistry". I do not know, and in fact doubt, that the chemical engineer in this article is a Christian but the goal of his research, the selfless pursuit of that goal and the humble giving away of the valuable patent rights so that more poor people would benefit are all hallmarks of what Christians that happen to be Chemists should be doing. I was fascinated and challenged by the article. The chemistry is mundane and amazing at the same time. I have concerns that any significant increase in cost is a killer though.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080212.wsalt12/BNStory/specialScienceandHealth/

No comments: